Safe Spaces

Creating a safe learning environment for U of U students

Free Concealed Carry Permit Class for U of U Students

Sponsored by the Utah Shooting Sports Council and the College Republicans


Sign up for Free Concealed Carry Class for Students of the University of Utah.

The class will be held Saturday, February 3rd from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

The classroom training is reserved for University of Utah students and is free of charge. The class includes free photographs and fingerprints (required by the state to obtain the permit). The class will be tailored towards students. The class is open to anyone attending the University of Utah with a valid student ID.

Date and Time Saturday, February 3rd from 9:30a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

A. Ray Olpin University Union Building

Panorama Room 4th Floor
200 S. Central Campus Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84112

Located on the University of Utah Campus

Map of class location

Instructor: Clark Aposhian

You will be responsible for the non-refundable concealed firearm permit application fee and paperwork when you submit your application to the Department of Public Safety ($57 for Utah residents, $67 for non-residents). You do not need to bring a firearm or ammunition to class. Firearms will be provided for training purposes. Please bring a good attitude and a willingness to learn.

The class will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and seating is limited.
For questions on the class, you can reach us at our contact page:

USSC Contact

Applicants will need to have:

Driver's license or ID card from their resident state.

You must present a valid and current University of Utah ID to be admitted to the class.

You must be 18 years of age to take the class.

The class is open to all students.  You must not be prohibited by federal or state law from owning or possessing a firearm. You do not need to bring a firearm or ammunition to the class.

Upon completing the class, students will have one year to submit the paperwork to the state.

If you are not a resident of Utah, click the following link to determine if your home state recognizes Utah’s permit.

States that recognize Utah's concealed carry permit


If your state DOES NOT recognize Utah’s permit, you may take the class and apply for a permit.

If your state DOES recognize Utah’s permit, you must first obtain a concealed carry weapon permit from your home state, or obtain a Utah driver's license or ID card to submit with your application.

If applicants submit a driver's license from a state that recognizes Utah's CCW permit, they must first obtain a CCW permit from their home state, or obtain a Utah driver's license or ID card to submit with their application.

18-20 year-olds may apply for the provisional permit, and it is recognized for carry at the University but not at K-12 schools. Other than that, it is the exact same permit.


APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE OF U.S.: If you were born outside of the U.S., you must include your Alien Registration Number or INS Registration Number on your application and fingerprint card, or include a copy of your U.S.-issued born abroad birth certificate. A copy of a valid U.S passport will also be accepted for proof of citizenship if born outside the US.

Questions on Class

To sign up for the class, fill out the form below and submit.

After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration in the class.

Sign-up for U of U Student CCP Class